“You can live better when your living costs less.” © “Showcasing Smarter, Stronger, Stylish, Shelter Savings!” © And “Improved Living for Less.” © These are just three of several tag lines or mantras that have been provided here at Mobile and Manufactured Home Living News (MHLivingNews) over the years. While our focus has been pre-HUD Code mobile homes and post-HUD Code manufactured homes, over the years, we have explored modular housing, tiny houses, other types of factory building, and then comparisons to conventional or ‘site built housing.’ It has always been an evidence-based adventure in exploring a misunderstood realm that some 22 million Americans call home.
The idea we used to launch this pro-mobile and manufactured home living website was simple enough. Show people like yourself the truth – vs. the fibs, the fiction, or the fables – about manufactured home living. Do that as authentically as possible and more people would recognize the value.
Affordable housing is a necessity in America. It is more needed now that it was some 9 years ago, when MHLivingNews was launched. When the need for affordable housing has demonstrably grown since then, it makes even less sense now to ignore, marginalize, or otherwise upend the most proven permanent form of affordable housing manufactured homes – in modern American history today.
MHLivingNews.com has showcased:
- Billionaires, Millionaires, and Celebrities that own a primary or getaway residence that is a manufactured home. Some examples are the reports linked below. But there are several other such reports on this site. Why does that matter? Because if manufactured homes are good enough for the rich and famous, then it surely is good enough for you or me.
- Reports that debunk the common myths that cause people to shy away from accepting manufactured home living. Hurricane, tornadoes, and windstorm safety are another example of subjects that we have explored. But so too are fire safety, energy efficiency, or concerns about crime in manufactured home communities. Can a manufactured home be a good investment? Examples of those topics are found in the reports linked below.
- Third Party Research Reports that showcase or explore some aspect of manufactured home living. Examples are linked below. Why are these important? Because it is not merely a matter of ‘opinion’ of this writers or the publishers that manufactured homes are a fine value. University, nonprofit, and governmental research makes the same points, time and again and have done so for decades!
- When it became more obvious that the industry was arguably being undermined by public officials, special interests, as well as manufactured housing industry insiders who do so for their own benefit — then MHLivingNews began tackling those topics in recent years too. Some examples of those subjects are found below.
- How to shop for manufactured homes and communities to live in. What to avoid, and what to do. Some examples are linked below.
- A host of videos and interviews – from mainstream, other sources, as well as those we have produced – have been presented over the years too.
AL Manufactured Housing Commission
Dick Moore, Award-Winning Dick Moore Housing,
Walk Through Trailer House, Mobile Home, Manufactured Home History
Quality Control Manager and
Mobile Home Owner Describes
Classic Mobile Home Community Living
Dick & Myla Ennis,
Retired Corporate Manager and Realtor, Describe
Their Home and Lifestyle
- Tips and legal issues have been explored too.
Rephrased, MHLivingNews has consistently and from early on provided the most authentic and complete resource for those living in or considering the manufactured home lifestyle.
To dwell for just a few moments on the topic above, on this and our MHProNews sister-site, we have for several years spotlighted the significant problems caused by monopolistic tactics. They harm consumers, homeowners, and independent businesses. A new pair of reports on our sister site linked here and here makes that case, once more, based upon third-party research and reporting.
With that backdrop and foundation, the following announcement is in order.
In the coming weeks and months, a series of new features, navigation tools, and reports will be presented. That will include, but not be limited to, interviews with those who are experts and/or who live in a manufactured or mobile home themselves. Check back and watch as these features and plans are developed.
Our MHProNews sister site has since early on presented news and views presented by the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR). They have as a tag line “Preserving the American Dream of Home Ownership Through Regulatory Reform.” Their slogan underscores the connection between independent producers of manufactured homes, the white hats in our profession, and the consumers who benefit when their mutual interests are protected and advocated.
MHARR, as a disclosure, is a sponsor of our MHProNews sister site. That said, MHProNews has reported on MHARR for years before they became a sponsor. Why? Because their work is valuable and demonstrably necessary. Their sponsorship followed years of our reports. The cart was not put before the horse. Similarly, MHLivingNews and MHProNews were at one point in time years ago sponsored by Clayton and MHI. But that did not keep us from doing exposés on them and their members. That in time witnessed their no longer sponsoring us. Rephrased, you can’t know what is coming or what you do not know. But once you learn something, then the prudent adjust and press ahead.
Affordable manufactured home living is more necessary than ever. But it is arguably under attack, undermined by special interests inside and outside of our profession. MHLivingNews, our MHProNews sister site, and the independent producers group – the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR) – are each in their own fashion fighting to protect and advance the cause of modern manufactured home living.
Millions of visits already coming here annually. We have been featured by federal officials, mainstream media, and those in our industry. But with God’s help, the best is yet to come.
So, approaching a decade online, we are just getting ready to get started all over again. Check out the sample reports linked herein. Explore the site, information, illustrations, and videos. Then keep coming back to see how this site will continue to develop in the days and years ahead. Tallyho! ##
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.
Connect on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/latonykovach
Recent and Related Reports:
The text/image boxes below are linked to other reports, which can be accessed by clicking on them.